Shortly after exams ended- by one day- one of my best friends from Minnesota came to visit me in Ireland for the last two weeks before I flew home for the summer, and perhaps a few years. Alexis arrived to Cork on May 29, losing her luggage in London, but receiving it the very next day :) The weather had been gorgeous, warm and sunny, but of course since someone had come for a visit, the Irish weather turned a bit sour and we had quite a bit of rain- didn't stop us in the least! I showed her around town and we did some shopping. I also took her to UCC and we walked around the entire campus which was more beautiful than I've ever realized. We saw St. Finbarr's Cathedral (again) which is a stunning piece of architecture, and we took a taxi to St. Finbarr's Cemetery which may be one of the most beautiful cemeteries I've ever seen, certainly old! I could have easily spent two or three hours there, but it was raining cats and dogs, and I had my several hundred dollar Nikon camera for capturing the gorgeous headstones, and understandably, I did not want to get my camera any wetter then it was already getting- Alexis was great and stood in the rain so I could have the umbrella! Here are a few of my favourite shots:
St. Finbarr's Cemetery
UCC Campus:
Random Cork: Jackie Lennox's Famous Fish and Chips!
Love seeing your pictures of County Cork. next time head up towards teh mallow area with your camera. I would like to see pictures of where my relatives live.
ReplyDeleteBanteer would be great also. LOL