Monday, April 27, 2009

"men are a debilitated version of women"

I had never thought of chromosomes in this context before, but fighting for equal rights for both men and women is something I strive for. Today i saw a statistic that in the work place a year out of college women will only make 80% of what their male colleagues make. Why? Do we not put enough into our jobs? Are we seen as objects to the workplace more so then "true employees?" 

So I was having a discussion on facebook (I'm 19 and not at home, that's what I do) with my dad's ex best friend, second ex wife.... a wonderful women who is very funny and full of advise.  She mentioned she wants to start dating older men, not younger. I have never gone out with anyone younger then me because teen guys... really? Men rarely grow up to begin with. they will always be menchildren. After mentioning that she agreed and replied with one of the best comebacks in favor of strong women. 

" Trust me, the Y chromosome is seriously just an x chromosome with a side lopped off. A completely debilitated version of ours." 

Perfectly said. That is going to be perfect to discuss in my gender sociology class.

Besides that-
I almost bought a 6 week old pug today, but I plan on moving to Scotland, in 2009 or 2010 an the puppy would spend its entire life in quarantine. S my mom said when i graduate from college she will by me any dog I choose! 

And at Hamline I am currently working on a wedding research project with the topic "History of the White Wedding Dress," for gendrr soc. For Women in fill I am going to write a short screen play for my final project because the other choice was drawing a story board and that is not something I'm capable of.... it needs to be done with different angles on the characters... I draw stick people, there is front and back and that's it. For choir final testing is on "Flow Gently Sweet Afton" and that is a pretty song, and loads easier then "Hava Nagila," first semesters test. For voice I have "Flow Gently Sweet Afton" as my choral again, along with "Panis Angelicus" as my classical, and "Down to the River to Pray" as my a'capella/modern piece. 

After that I will have only 2 written tests before May 2oth and will officially be done with y first year of college.... 3 left! 

No comments:

Post a Comment