til later!
When your adventure ends, your story does not. Live the next page better than the last. Your story ends when you decide.
Friday, July 3, 2009
College! UCC!
Since I was 14 I wanted to go to school abroad and eventually live over there. I am very determined and stubborn and go after what i want-within reason of course!) After visiting Italy, it became apparent I would be better off in an English speaking country. I visited Scotland and Ireland and fell in love with the cultures and just about everything about them... they are charming countries. I have been excepted into my first choice college, University College Cork. I will spend the next 2 years there getting a bachelor's in social science. I will graduate in 2011 as I was accepted as a year 2 transfer. This will be a year earlier then if i was at hamline! After that i want to get my postgrad teaching diploma and teach sociology/ social studies for secondary level students. This is going to be the ride of my life! So many things are going to change while I'm away, and I'm scared of everything I'll miss, those who I won't be there for, the people I will say goodbye to when I leave in august and will never see agin because they are not well... like my grandma and grandpa who are so frail and tired and near the end. I will miss everyone so much and have thought about not being their when things happen and realized my family would not want me to hold back on my dreams because nature continues and changes us. It motivates me more to be the best i can be, do all that i can, and succeed and simply be happy, for them and for those I will teach and influence. I will try my best to post consistently as I settle in Cork in early September. I am 19, moving to another country by myself, and more scared then anyone knows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment