Saturday, March 27, 2010

Edinburgh





Hi! There has been quite a bit of on-goings since my last post and a bunch more before I will make my next one! Where to begin...?

EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND

I took a long weekend (self- decided long weekend) trip to Edinburgh as it is one of my favourite places to visit! Great pubs, music, and the buildings are amazing! Along with that the history is very cool and I loved going on the late night creep tours. We- my friend Alexis who is from Alaska but studying full time here as well- went under the bridges to the old vaults that have a life of their own- literally :) It was very fun and interesting. We also did the Mary King's close tour was was amazing as well.
Of course we saw the castle and it was just as cool as the first time I saw it, only this time it was raining buckets though. But nonetheless, we had a grand time. And now for Princes Street shopping! So much for spending wisely- Spent the last day shopping and damaged bank account something much. :)

Edinburgh was a blast however I can only say that Ireland seems tropical compared to Scotland and that is saying something!







ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!

This was a great day! It was cloudy, ut not raining! I did not have college so a friend and I went into town for the festival- there was a parade, but we didn't want to be in the mob :)
So we went to the festival and got cotton candy right away and I got it all over my hair and face and she got it on her coat (We are 19 and 20, you would have thought e were 5) but it was very windy, so not al our fault :) We listened to the live band that was right by the river, walked aroun and looked at the festival stands, then decided to go for an early dinner which ended up being potatoes and leek and potato soup with brown bread- my favourite combo ever- and then headed for tea before the cinema. We saw Shutter Island which was great, then as we headed back home, we stopped at a pub- there are 16 within 3 minutes walk of my apartment haha- and had a pint before going back to start and finish our essays due the next day. It was very fun and I cannot wait for next year!

THINGS COMING UP:

As college lectures have ended I just need to finish up a couple essays and I will be free, until MAy when exams start. I am looking forward to the month- In just 4 days my mom is flying over as my 20th Birthday is on Good Friday (Good Friday? Great Friday this year :p HA!) And we are going up to dublin and staying in Clontarf Castle which looks cool! She will be here for Easter as well, although i am still slightly sad I won't get an Easter Egg Hunt or peeps. After she leaves, I will be going back to Scotland- this time Glasgow to visit My parent's friends whom I have known for several years. Then I will be buckled into my chair studying for ten exams. It is going to be fun, but very busy!

2 comments: