When your adventure ends, your story does not. Live the next page better than the last. Your story ends when you decide.
Sunday, July 29, 2012
Back to Blogging
I have not blogged in a couple of years i believe. But my how things have changed. The important stuff:
~I moved back from Ireland (don't know if you knew that already)
~I returned to the same college I left, Hamline,right in St. Paul
~I graduated from Hamline this year (2012) with a degree in Sociology
~I moved in with my boyfriend, Mitch
~And, I had a beautiful little girl!
So, that is where I will start blogging again- with this new chapter in my life. Raising my daughter in the town I grew up in, newly released from the education institution, and very little knowledge about the "real world." I have already fallen behind though, as my girl is now 2 months old!
So...
0 Months Old:
I gave birth to Mabel Elizabeth (we call her Mae or Bel) on May 27th, 2012. She has been the light of our lives since the moment she was born. Early on, at her one week check she was diagnosed with reflux and put on medicine. Not too bad. She cried a lot, wouldn't sleep, and screamed in pain too much for me to listen to. At one month old she was hospitalized for severe reflux with mild aspiration and prescribed stronger meds and not to be placed flat for sleep. Mabel was otherwise a typical newborn for the first month!
1 Month Old:
Mae smiled for the first time at 5ish weeks! Such a cute and funny smile! Brightens my whole world to see it. She is making great strides with her reflux improving and learning to do new things, like keeping her pacifier in her mouth! Being her mother, I am of course biased, but everyone we come across tells me how beautiful or pretty she is. Perhaps it isn't just me? :) She is not starting to coo more as well. Heading to 2 months!
I will do weekly blogs, or at least try from here on out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment